Question by  RashikH (10)

What do I do if I feel my civil rights were violated?

An organization refused to hire me based on my being pregnant, they said it would not be wise for them to hire me and instead hired someone less qualified.


Answer by  patti (29325)

You must first make an appointment with the EEOC to discuss your complaint. The EEOC will pursue it if warranted, investigate and determine if you have grounds to sue.


Answer by  CarlSCansino (464)

The first place that I would recommend for you to go is the Office of the EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission). They are charged with investigations of employment discrimination. The next step would be to consult a labor attorney.


Answer by  mb (5482)

You may have a case based on the Equal Employment Act. You should contact the US Department of Labor. Either check the phonebook or use the internet.


Answer by  Roland27 (16334)

They cannot chose to not hire you based on pregnancy. You also cannot be turned on due to race, sexual orientation, sex or age. It's against the law. The fact they sat down and told you that it wouldn't be wise to hire you could give you grounds to sue.

You have 50 words left!