what to do


Question by  loliva1345 (37)

What can I do about work problems and inequalities?


Answer by  saege (6)

The first thing you can do is try talking with your employer. If your employer is unwilling to discuss the problems, or is part of the problem, then you should contact your local labor board and see what solutions they have that can help you.


Answer by  deliajones (12)

The best thing we can do is not be tolerant of inequalities or work problems when we see them. Instead of remaining silent witnesses we should report these kind of offenses immediately and become active in finding a solution. When we do not speak up we are only contributing to the problem.


Answer by  VadimRob (6)

The question can be from the point of view of the one who administrates the human resources or from the point of view of the person who is implicated directly in the problem, the employee. In the last case: try to resolve peacefully, report in, file a lawsuit, etc...


Answer by  Trueakitalover (1728)

You can go and file a complaint with your local EEOC office and describe what is going on with your job to them and they can offer you the advice you are looking for and will help you to be treated fairly after they do an investigation from what you say and what your employer is saying. They are mediators.


Answer by  CarolynOsborne (2804)

Most people think they are doing the right thing and they get defensive if you suggest they are wrong. Find out why people are doing what they are doing and work from common interests. This is the way to make effective change (outside of lawsuits for really bad issues).


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

Inequalities based on race or gender can be brought up to the manager as a violation of the Employment Equal Opportunity Act. However, inequalities in pay or assignments based on ability or experience are reasonable. Take up your concerns with the manager or, if the manager is the problem, their manager or the human resources department.


Answer by  sonicfoundation (2597)

One of your first steps would be to talk to the Human Resources department. They are trained to follow Federal employment law and can assist you.


Answer by  Brett (7986)

Depends on the severity, but I would speak to your boss (if you feel comfortable), but if not, a union representative (if your company has one), and the last step, would be an attorney if the issue is serious enough.


Answer by  technogeek (6640)

It would depend on what the inequalities are. If you feel that you are being discriminated against, then you should contact the state labor commission, after you have spoken with your supervisor of their supervisor.


Answer by  ApprenticeJenn (959)

Follow the chain of command to report concerns. Be factual, describing specific actions/advents of concern without adding your opinions. If you are uncomfortable with your supervisor, go to Human Resources


Answer by  EddieT (44)

There will always be problems at work and inequalities, the main thing to do is to work on improving yourself

You have 50 words left!