Question by  Jeff5761 (109)

Is it possible to get free help for Ohio income tax returns if you are not a senior citizen?


Answer by  Att4372 (1704)

Any US taxpayer can get free help from the IRS for federal income tax. Ohio offers free help for STATE income tax returns at several state tax centers.


Answer by  SGividen (652)

Absolutely, many tax agencies and accountants offer free reviews of tax returns at their offices or through their online programs. Community organizations and libraries also often hold free seminars on how to prepare taxes, so ask about those as well. You can also just search online for resources about doing income taxes.


Answer by  trudyj (81)

Free help is available to low income Ohio residents or members of the armed forces, through the IRS' Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program. Contact the IRS for more information.


Answer by  idiotjones (705)

Yes. H&R Block will file your taxes for free if you only require a 1040EZ. Some libraries and universities have free tax filing programs that have varying criteria for qualification.

You have 50 words left!