Question by  lorettamarie (83)

Is a cat bite poisonous?


Answer by  YellowCup (1650)

A cat bite it self is not poisonous, however, if it is a stray cat or a cat that shows signs of rabies, then the bite can be more serious and even lethal to you if you do not seek medical attention. Also a bite could get infected.


Answer by  rbiales (3441)

Cats do not have venom or other cat toxins but they also do not brush and floss, so any bacteria they have in their mouths becomes injected under your skin. Infected low blood flow injuries can be especially dangerous so cat bites that break the skin require extra care in initial cleaning.


Answer by  atman (308)

Cat bites are not poisonous. Cats do not have any sort of venom. A site from a cat bite can become very infected due to the bacteria that is in a cat's mouth.

You have 50 words left!