Question by  jessica433 (13)

If I'm not paying child support, what will happen?


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

Your wages can be garnished. Your professional and drivers' licenses will not be eligible for renewal. You can be put in jail for non-support.


Answer by  dolphin9 (195)

You are breaking the law and breaking your legal contract to your child. Your wages can be garnished, with automatic debit from your paycheck, along with additional fines.


Answer by  flamiss22 (5081)

If this was court ordered and you do not pay eventually they will contact you and give you a chance to bring your payments current by making arrangements. If you however fail to do so or do not fulfill your obligations your wages and income taxes may be garnished.


Answer by  Kurt (4579)

If you are supposed to be paying child support and you are not, the court will make you catch up on the back child support unless you can prove that you have no income. But when you do get a job, you will have to start making payments again.


Answer by  Roland27 (16334)

You better start paying. I'm serious. If you don't pay the child support you owe for YOUR CHILDREN in which YOUR SPERM helped create, you may end up going to jail if the money owed backs up too much. The government also legally has the right, without your permission to garnish your wages to pay them.

You have 50 words left!