Question by  geeksquad (15)

How do I get my ex in another state to pay his child support?

My ex has moved three states away and won't pay child support.


Answer by  jenshady (139)

If you know his contact information, and information about his employer you can handle it legally. Once going through court money can be deducted from his check and sent directly.


Answer by  flamiss22 (5081)

You can file a claim with family court in the state where he now lives and submita copy of the court order and they will take it from there.


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

Notify the child support division of the local Department of Families and Children or Health and Human services. Tell them his new address and let them file to have his check garnished in that state. Alternatively, go back to divorce court and tell them he is in contempt for non-payment.


Answer by  kipcat (1964)

Contact the child support agency in the state that he is living in and advise them of the situation. They can do the necessary steps to resolve the matter.


Answer by  Roland27 (16334)

If he doesn't pay for his children the Government can legally garnish his wages without asking him for child support. He can also go to jail over back support.


Answer by  Kurt (4579)

Contact your home state for child support and let them know that your ex has moved to another state. They will contact the other state your ex lives in and start collection proceedings. You will need his name, address, social security number and proof of support agreement.

You have 50 words left!