Question by  jeff456 (19)

If a dog eats a maggot, will it get sick?

The maggots were still alive when he ate them. I know it's gross.


Answer by  bean11 (2803)

If the dog consumed more than several maggots, chances are he will definitely get sick. The good news is that it shouldn't last too long- he will expel them from his body by vomiting or excretion, so he should feel better within a day or two.


Answer by  mesh (351)

A dogs stomach is quite resiliant and they can eat almost anything. If the dog does get sick (unlikely), it will be over it in a day.


Answer by  mammakat (11147)

Dogs eat amazing and very gross things. Chances are his stomach acid killed the maggots. You need to be diligent about what your pup eats, because he will not be, and can easily eat something that will poison him- I worry if he ate what the maggots were eating.

You have 50 words left!