pet health


Question by  Ray (57)

Can dogs eat candy melts?

I know dogs can not eat chocolate, how about candy melts.


Answer by  ryark (243)

Depending on the ingredients in candy melts, they may be toxic to dogs. Xylitol is a common sweetener used instead of sugar in many sweet treats, and this is highly poisonous, causing kidney failure in dogs. Sugar can cause diabetes and tooth decay in dogs, so stick with dog treats.


Answer by  Sauve (435)

It is not adviseable to give them candy melt but my dog, she eats everything from Candy to Gum, and she is ok.


Answer by  greed (15)

No, any type of chocolate will hurt your dog, they love it but there digestive system cannot support it and it can be fatal for your dog.


Answer by  les59 (852)

this form of candy, which I'm not familiar with, may contain chocolate which is generally bad for dogs. Dogs can survive a little bit of chocolate, but not much.

You have 50 words left!