health conditions


Question by  amore (1)

I found out recently that I was exposed to radon level of > 4.3 pCi/L at work for 8 years. Should I see a doctor to get a benchmark lung xray? Should my employer covers such cost?

I no longer work there. Legally what I can do to protect myself in case I get cancer later on?


Answer by  MedStudent01 (1131)

Though not necessary, I would strongly recommend it. Radiation is one of those things that builds up and has its worst effects long term. In any hazardous environment with dangerous materials, a benchmark chest x-ray is always recommended, and this would be something your employer should cover.


Answer by  Ann89 (613)

You should take out adequate medical over and life insurance to make sure you will receive money to help pay for the medical treatment required.

You have 50 words left!