cars  how to  legal


Question by  dragonfire98753 (18)

How do you obtain a car title for an abandoned car not on your property in California?


Answer by  technogeek (6640)

You will need to try and find out who owns the car before you can obtain the title for it. The original owner can sign it over to you.


Answer by  marla1024 (60)

The first thing you should do is contact the DMV and find out who the car belongs to. If it has a junk or salvage title you would need to get it retitled and this requires forms and for you to actually buy the car from the owner.


Answer by  ijlalnoor (2656)

You will need to ask the original owner for it and get his/her permission. Otherwise i am afraid this is not possible.


Answer by  6ixk (1156)

You petition your local authorities on the application. In your case a unkempt vehicle. California is very strict on the fact and will work with you in any means to remove the car. Assure them you want to title it.

You have 50 words left!