how to


Question by  deb74 (164)

How do you get records expunged?

I'm in Michigan.


Answer by  noey1958 (1405)

Usually you contact the parole board and ask for a copy(sometimes a fee) for your criminal record. Then you ask for the form that asks which charges you want expunged and go in front of a judge. He will decide to seal or expunge. Some charges have time limits.


Answer by  fuzzy50cal (24)

To get your records expunged you need to go directly to the source and make a formal written request. If this is a court then it will depend on each municipality as they may have slightly different procedures. The best way to find your next step is to speak to someone who works for whomever is holding the record.

You have 50 words left!