Question by  anne46 (22)

How do you get a governor pardon?

Someone told me that is the only way to get a felony record expunged.


Answer by  Mary (2095)

This depends on your state, and some do require a pardon or decrease in the conviction before it can be expunged. You would need to contact the governor's office for the process in applying for a pardon.


Answer by  patti (29325)

You must petition the governor in writing. Consideration will be given to your record, recent history, how you have changed your life and how you have become a contributing, productive member of society. Political connections and donations help a lot.


Answer by  jhancock411 (5)

If you need any help with finding and filling up forms there are websites out there that can help you with that. You can try pardon411 they are pretty good, they have all the necessary forms and they offer you tips on how to answer more complicated questions.Good luck!


Answer by  mannersandsuch (1796)

Pardon's must be applied for and usually the govoner will have committee that analyzes witch pardons he should accept and witch pardons he should not. You might ask a lawyer where you can send this information into or contact your state govoner office.


Answer by  Barbara5238 (12)

There are guidelines in which felonies and misdemeanors can be expunged. You can find these guidelines on the website . You can also call your court house and local law offices.

You have 50 words left!