Question by  dlf402 (13)

How do I apply for a pardon in Iowa?

I think I deserve a pardon so I want to know how to apply.


Answer by  goranm (7)

My cousin had a similar problem and he used this website called pardon411, and he said that they were awesome and that they really helped him fill up the forms and all. I hope this helps!!


Answer by  Dean (4035)

Your feelings that you deserve a pardon are irrelevant. You must make an appeal to the Governor of your state and detail why you feel you have changed your ways and become a contributing member of society. You might consider volunteering on his next campaign first.


Answer by  patti (29325)

The governor issues pardons for felons. You must petition him/her directly. Much depends on the crime, circumstances, your life since and contributions you've made to society as well as to the governor's political party. Political connections help a great deal.


Answer by  patti (29325)

You must apply in writing to the governor, who will decide if you deserve a pardon. Focus your appeal on your contributions to society.


Answer by  Julie34 (173)

Write the governor a letter stating why a pardon is deserved, victims might write to him to voice their objections or agreement to a petition for clemency or commutation.


Answer by  phammy (33)

You must obtain the application form from your probation officer or the Govenor's office, complete the form and return. Expect a long wait. Typically, a Governor only does pardons at the end of his term in office. The application will require that you provide character references, on of which must be your minister.


Answer by  Huntress (1935)

Statistically you will have better results if an attorney handles this for you. Check and see if Legal Aid will help you. If you want to try to do it yourself then you need to go to the Idaho State Government website and fill out a Petition for Pardon which theoretically should end up on the Governor's desk.

You have 50 words left!