Question by  diosa12267 (23)

How do you change your birth certificate in the state of Georgia?

I need to change my sons birth certificate.


Answer by  epglaw (553)

You will need to contact the County courthouse where you reside in order to obtain the form paper work required to file for a change to a birth certificate.


Answer by  smiles (44)

Obtain and mail a certified copy of the birth certificate circled with any changes, a written request of the changes you wish to make and a $10 processing fee to Legal Unit, Vital Records, 2600 Skyland Drive, Atlanta, GA 30319. Make a copy for you records.


Answer by  angiem1981 (1059)

This depends what you wish to change. Changing the surname, father's name, etc. will require court proceedings. However, mistakes made on the certificate may be corrected at the office of vital statistics providing it is within so many days of the birth of the child and documentation is provided.


Answer by  Melissa101010 (4405)

All you have to do is go to your local county courthouse and file a petition to change your childs birth certificate. You will get a court date, go before a judge and if no one is there to appeal it then the judge will sign it. Easy.

You have 50 words left!