Question by  Say (55)

How do I correct the wrong date of birth?

When I got my son's birth certificate it had the wrong date of birth.


Answer by  Roland27 (16334)

You can contact the Doctors office or you can call the city that issued your son's birth certificate. The County Clerk usually does the birth certificates so you can call directly up to the Courthouse and they will fix it.


Answer by  mammakat (11147)

You need to obtain a legal change form form the jurisdiction in which the birth certificate was filed. You need to consult them as to papers you need to present.


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

Contact the city or county records department to get a new one with the correct date after showing them the hospital records that have the correct date of birth on them.


Answer by  patti (29325)

To correct a birth record, you must show evidence to prove the error. Submit hospital records or an affadavit from a midwife for a home birth.


Answer by  Joe2009 (113)

You will need to check with the hospital your son was born at. They will have an office that issues reprints of birth certificates. That same office will provide you with a form to amend the birth certificate and reprint an original with the corrected date of birth on it.

You have 50 words left!