car repairs


Question by  Sanjaykumar (30)

How do you change a Ford Explorer dpfe sensor?

I need to do some basic repair on my Ford.


Answer by  Liz59 (10966)

Well to change the sensor, you have to locate the replacement parts. There is a to do it guide available at ebay online stores which I found was very useful.


Answer by  James916 (539)

There should be a couple srews that hold it in. Just remove the screws and you can remove the sensor to replace it.


Answer by  john2287 (37)

Locate the sensor, it should be on the firewall to the rear of the EGR valve. It is a black square box with an electrical connector plugged into it. Remove the rubber hoses from the bottom of the sensor. Now connect the new sensor to the hoses and reattach to the fire wall.


Answer by  Atomicrayon (2504)

You can start by purchasing the sensor you need from most auto shops or possibly even your dealership if you car is new. Make sure you purchase the correct brand. From there it's a pretty strait forward process if you know where the Dpfe sensor Is.


Answer by  champaign9497 (11977)

All you have to do is purchase the new sensor and then remove the old one and put the new one in you can search the net for directions.


Answer by  Devin98 (487)

Follow The two vacuum lines from the EGR tube up to the DPFE sensor. Disconnect the hoses, the electrical connector and unbolt from bracket. Replace sensor and reconnect.

You have 50 words left!