car repairs


Question by  Inyunaruto365 (11)

How do I replace tie rod ends on a Dodge Intrepid?


Answer by  NateB (571)

Usually you can't. If the ends broke off of the tie rods, you need new tie rods, which means probably new cylinders also, which means engine rebuild!


Answer by  Doug77 (1433)

Remove the front tire. Remove the bolt from the tie rod end and loosen the jamb nut at the ract and pinion. When removing the tie rod end count the turns that it takes to unscrew it so you can use the same number of turns to put the new one on. Take the car for an alignment.


Answer by  gusisonfire (16)

Remove tie rod end by screwing it off but pay attention to the way it's facing.Count the turns it takes to come off, because it has to go on the same turns or the alignment'll be too far stall the grease fitting into the top of new tie rod end.


Answer by  mb (5482)

You cannot replace the ends of the tie rod without replacing the entire tie rod. To try and weld it would leave a weak spot.


Answer by  tab65 (456)

To replace tie rod ends first disconnect the battery, then loosen the lug nuts of the front tires. Jack up the car and remove both front tires. Take out the cotter pin then remove tie rod. Then replace with new tie rod and replace cotter pin. Put tires back on.


Answer by  dquarshie (15)

Yet again I personally would just keep this to professional. Take the boot off replace innerods set alignments after the inner rod.


Answer by  reflex (278)

you first have to take the tie rod ends and untie them from the ngine. you then replace the part and retie them with the screws.


Answer by  Max92 (16)

Can't be done. You have To replace the entire front end. It was a very bad design. That's why you don't see too many on the road.


Answer by  Amber40 (24961)

This is a very complicated process and I don't have the space or the information to describe the exact process. It is not something a novice should attempt but if you are confident buy a specific manual to get a detailed guide.


Answer by  japratt (1687)

To replace the rod ends on your Dodge you will need to get under the hood. Once you are under the hood you can locate and replace the hoods near the engine.

You have 50 words left!