car repairs


Question by  linarg (20)

How do I replace a damaged blower motor speed controller?

I have a Ford Crown Victoria.


Answer by  Jimbob (2275)

If you get a repair manual and find the location of the control unit it often just takes disconnecting the wires from the bracket.


Answer by  dee73 (1062)

Locate the old one and follow the wires back to either the ac/heater control or to other box in the dash. Write down the part number purchase your new one, if you are not able to read the part number you can take it out and take it to the parts store to ensure you get the right part.


Answer by  pallaturck (153)

Locate the blower and track the wires back to their source. They will probably be connected to the back of your AC/Heat control unit or other box (behind the dash). Look up the correct part number for this controller/box or remove it and bring to your local auto parts store.


Answer by  JohnPants (140)

To replace a damaged blower motor, safety comes first. Put on a pair of goggles and heavy gloves. Then unscrew the casing off the back of the blower and be mindful of the wires. You can replace it from there.


Answer by  nicholas34 (606)

fords are very non reliable and this is a very big job, your best bet is to take it to a RELIABLE mechanic


Answer by  Diisruptor (249)

Ford Crown Victoria's have what is called a Blower Motor Speed Controller located on the firewall of the vehicle. Simply unbolt and replace. Purchace a new one from napa.


Answer by  cgrid76hotmailcom (545)

First find where to take the damaged part off.Very carefully remove the screws for that part.with that out of the way


Answer by  japratt (1687)

If you have a damaged blower motor speed controller then you will need to purchase a new one first. Then you will need to take out the old one and put in the new one.

You have 50 words left!