Question by  jok6874 (8)

How do I know if I have toxic mold in my bathtub?

There's black stuff around the edges and up the walls that won't wash off.


Answer by  TinkwithTude (17)

Such molds are rare and you should not be overly concerned. There are home inspectors that you can call to have this issue looked at. Use bleach to clean the area.


Answer by  patti (29325)

Use a mildew remover like TileX or the store brand of a similar product. Use it as directed, spraying it directly on the black stuff. Scrub the area with a stiff brush after it's had time to work. Be sure to work in a well-ventilated area and avoid contact with the spray.


Answer by  turkinforalivin (1279)

All mold is toxic, but it isn't necessarily harmful in small doses. Try cleaning it with a bleach and water solution. This will prevent the mold from spreading.


Answer by  Dean (4035)

It sounds like you have mildew. It's common, especially in humid climates and in bathrooms that are not well ventilated. Use a product like TileX (mildew remover). Hose down the entire area with the product. Make sure the room is ventilated. Avoid breathing the mist and dont' get it on your skin. Follow directions. Scrub with a stiff brush.

You have 50 words left!