Question by  elyse (33)

Is it safe to burn wood that has green mold on it?

I have green mold on some wood that I need to burn.


Answer by  Kimmie5150 (42)

Is it wood or tree logs that you want to burn? If it is wood with mold on it, I would not burn it since I would be concerned about mold spores. If it's tree that you've cut down, it's probably just harmless lichens growing on the bark. Completely safe to burn then.


Answer by  wallaby78 (2293)

It should be safe, but just to be sure, you can keep others away from the smoke, and wear a face mask.


Answer by  Marybeth (841)

It should not hurt you to burn the wood that has green mold on it, unless you have some allergies to plants you should be ok to burn the wood without causing any harm.


Answer by  Taran (716)

When the green felt such as mold when it is imbedding in the wood that is arsenic and when burn it the arsenic is transfered into the air. No-Burn products offer a dual level of protection, reducing the risk of fire and resisting the growth of toxic black mold.

You have 50 words left!