home  taxes


Question by  marks (20)

How do I go about paying property back taxes on someone else's home?

I would like to pay my parents' back taxes.


Answer by  Chaneygirl (1755)

I would contact the county treasurer where your parents home is located. They should accept your payment for the taxes on your parents home. You can most likely do this with just their address.


Answer by  blahblah (670)

Property taxes are usually paid to a county agency called the tax assessor or property appraiser or similar name. Many such county agencies have a web site where you can check for the amounts due on a property and the procedure for paying the taxes. If there is no web site, call the agency to find out how to pay.


Answer by  angiem1981 (1059)

Anyone can pay these back taxes typically. However, this may depend on your location. You must present a valid form of identification and payment to do so.


Answer by  Carol37 (569)

You go to the local municipalities - the borough, township and/or county in which the property is located and get a "payoff" letter. That is what you pay.

You have 50 words left!