Question by  Ann14 (20)

How do I file an IRS medical hardship?

I need to file medical hardship with the IRS and have no idea how.


Answer by  Chaneygirl (1755)

You can take money out of a retirement plan for medical hardship, but it is still taxable and may be subject to the penalty. There is no specific 'medical hardship' form. Your question leaves out many possibilities, and it is best to consult with an accountant or call the IRS directly 1-800-829-1040 to discuss you specific situation.


Answer by  dante (24)

You will need to file a well written and documented letter with the IRS. Some examples included illness, death and unemployment. Be sure to attach appropriate docmentation from a professional that supports your case.


Answer by  John (9008)

There is no such a thing. You can raise hardship within an Offer in Compromise, but that is a separate mechanism.

You have 50 words left!