debt  legal


Question by  copperdog (1)

Can I file a medical hardship response to a civil collections suit by a credit card company?

I haven't paid the bill because I can't.


Answer by  patti (29325)

Prepare a detailed statement of your financial condition as well as your medical hardship. You must present evidence at the hearing to show that you cannot pay. Otherwise, the judge will rule against you and your assets will be attached.


Answer by  patti (29325)

You cannot. The collections agency doesn't care about your condition. The creditor will file a suit for a judgment and then attach your wages or sweep your bank accounts. You can respond by going to court and making your case, with much supporting evidence, to the judge.


Answer by  Mary (2095)

This is something that would have to be negotiated with the company itself and is not a defense to a lawsuit. You can stop the lawsuit by filing for bankruptcy.

You have 50 words left!