Question by  miaolan (32)

If I was denied unemployment because of misconduct, can I file an appeal?

I was fired due to misconduct from my previous job. Can I file for an appeal to reverse the unemployment denial decision?


Answer by  Chaneygirl (1755)

Each state has varying rules and procedures regarding this. It would be best to contact your local unemployment office or view their website.


Answer by  okcmouseketeer (779)

If can file an appeal, in order to win the appeal you will need to show that you were treated differently than other workers for the same conduct; such as you were fired, but someone else that did the same thing was only written up. Any and all written documentation that you have will need to be presented.

You have 50 words left!