Question by  Westhamfan (20)

How can you give someone permanent custody of your child?

Unfortunately I need to give up custody of my child.


Answer by  patti (29325)

You can assign parental rights to another, suitable party. You can also arrange to place your child in foster care. Talk to CPS about your options.


Answer by  dedre (998)

A parent will sign a waiver of all rights through the court system or simply abandon the child with someone for a lengthy period of time. The interested party will then proceed with an adoption or the abandonment right through the court system.


Answer by  noey1958 (1405)

You most often will have to go through the probate courts. You could reliquish your rights to the state and when you are ready, you can get the child back.


Answer by  Liz59 (10966)

Well, you can contact a lawyer and have the papers ready. The guardian will have to sign for your child. Otherwise you can go to court and give up your custody. It is really up to you but either way the papers have to be passed by the court to be finalized.


Answer by  JamesPorter (63)

Some states restrict who you can give custody to and the process varies by states. The best way is to contact a Child Protective Services office or an adoption office.


Answer by  Roland27 (16334)

You can sign over your parental rights. Some states only allow you to give your child up to a relative or the child's other parent. You need to find a lawyer who specializes in custody, they can help you further.


Answer by  balaji7hills (35)

UNFORTUNATELY I NEED TOGIVE UPCUSTODY OF MY CHIILD You can give fullcustody or you can give guardianship. In order for them to have full rights as a parent then it needs to go court. But by you volunteering todo this, then you can get them backwhen you want. Adoption is permanent and the bio parent no langer has any rights.


Answer by  withluck (1745)

You will need to go to court to have custody permanently granted to someone else. The court will appoint someone who will do a background check on the person seeking custody and evaluate the case on an individual bases. Once the court decides to grant custody the proper paperwork will be filed and your custody rights will cease.


Answer by  Anonymous

Well I would try my best to keep the child. Sorry but its for the childs best probably if its not the childs best to stay with you I would still try to see him or her every once and a while.


Answer by  rebagirl77 (0)

I took in 5 of my grandchildren and one of them has a lot of mental issures and its not good for the other children so i like to give costody up on this one child


Answer by  Anonymous

in regaurds to theabove all sounds so bluntly cruel but i only say this as a child of a parent who gave up then came around every once in awhile its just like either do it or dont and so i meant no offense to others thats just my advice


Answer by  Anonymous

what light hearted parenting giving up your child has become such an easy-come-easy go kindof topic people are all like well unfortunately i gotta give my baby away o id try to see them every once in awhile, dont even bother! u couldnt b there b4 dont be there now

You have 50 words left!