death  legal  money


Question by  chelishia (1)

How can I be sure I will be considered if there are any proceeds from my mother's estate?

She had no will. The house is currently for sale. The whole thing is in probate. I don't know how to get any information.


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

Verify with the probate court that you are listed as her child and thus to be considered as an heir. The property is typically split among her siblings and children, if she was not married at the time of her death. You can attend the probate proceedings and can petition the judge if you are not listed as an heir.


Answer by  Jessie124 (1885)

You need to contact a lawyer. Very often, when there's no will, the estate will go into state holding. That's why it's so important to have a will!

You have 50 words left!