Question by  AngiesAdvice (14)

How do I handle a deceased brothers estate from another state?

I am in charge of my deceased brothers estate.


Answer by  tml (538)

You will likely have to do some traveling back and forth taken care of issues such as the will, court filings, inventory and disposition of the estate property, and working with financial matters. You will need to plan to be present at all events since you are the executor.


Answer by  phine1966 (70)

First, you must know the marital status of your late brother, wether he had a family or defendants left behind, a petition as the in charge must be filed.


Answer by  Tomg (129)

Contact the state in which your relative resided and find all the information on what is reguired to file in that state. Many states have certain requirements stating when and if you must file the estate in probate.

You have 50 words left!