Question by  Raketemensch (54)

Do you need to update an address change on a passport?

I recently moved, but I don't want to pay for a new passport, and I don't know what to do to update my old one.


Answer by  Dean (4035)

Get a DS-5504 Data Correction form or use the Dept of State's online application wizard. Submit the address change and required info. There is no charge.


Answer by  scariapj (346)

No. There is no need to update an address change on a passport because passports are valid for 10 years. Change of addresses during that period of time is natural.


Answer by  John (9008)

For an American passport, you actually do not have to provide a current address. Thus, you do not need to do anything. When your current passport expires, you will have to provide your address when you renew it, but not before then.

You have 50 words left!