real estate


Question by  johnshen64 (24)

Do I have any legal recourse against the homeowner association or the owner of a dog who barks day and night?

The dog is just driving me crazy.


Answer by  albsab (68)

You pay dues. If the HA has pet rules they're not enforcing, then you have a case. Or, call the police.


Answer by  caporfirio (804)

If animals are allowed under your homeowners agreement, you might not be able to. See if your paperwork from the association states loud animals can be removed. Further you could attend a homeowners association meeting and see if others also have complaints about the dog.


Answer by  Jon65 (787)

Yes. If one pays fees to a homeowner association, and another homeowner breaks specific rules pertaining to those rules that affects you directly, then one can sue to recover fees to mitigate damages. This can result in a refund of fees.


Answer by  Devin98 (487)

The homeowner's association should have provisions in their association bylaws regarding animals. I would suggest that you go over those bylaws and go to the assiciation quoting their own rules and regulations and ask that they correct the issue. If this does not help the situation then, yes, I would seek legal action against both parties.

You have 50 words left!