Question by  AprilLokar (23)

Can your I-130 be expedited?

I need to speed up the process of my I-130.


Answer by  fiddlefaddle (883)

There is no way to speed up the I-130 processing. It takes as long as it takes, unfortunately. You will just have to wait until it is finished and processed.


Answer by  Molae06 (1467)

There is no way to speed up the process. If you are trying to get the green card for your spouse and you are a US citizen, it will typically take between 6 and 12 months. otherwise, if the spouse is of a permanent resident, the process could take years. It is a long process, requiring interviews and such.


Answer by  Clement (1453)

Yes. Do not forget however, that all expedite requests are considered on a case-by-case basis and are granted at the discretion of the USCIS Director. The following are some of the criteria used: severe financial loss to company or individual; extreme emergent situation; humanitarian situation; department of Defense of National Interest Situation.


Answer by  CherieMassoud (48)

No. The best thing you can do to ensure that your I-130 takes as little time as possible is to read the instructions carefully for the paperwork you are submitting (or hire a reputable lawyer) and include evidence of your relationship in your application. If a request is sent for further information, respond quickly.

You have 50 words left!