Question by  Elizabeth (92)

Can you suggest a pro bono lawyer in California for Child Support?

I need a pro bono lawyer in California for Child Support.


Answer by  palaeologus (564)

You could check with the Lawyer Referral Services program sponsored by the California State Bar at 866-44-CALAW (a toll free call within California). Not only can they refer you to a child support lawyer, they can tell you how to get help on your own if a lawyer isn't needed.


Answer by  mannersandsuch (1796)

Finding a local lawyer will increase your chances of getting the attention you deserve, check with clergy and community centers for a good recommendation.


Answer by  patti (29325)

You do not need a lawyer to file for Child Support. Go to the Family Court and file a motion. It's easy to do. California child Support Enforcement is very effective, too, and requires no attorney.


Answer by  John (9008)

The Legal Services Corporation funds free legal help for civil legal problems throughout the United States. There is a fundee of them in your area; you can look in the yellow pages or online. You will have to meet certain income requirements and be a citizen or legal permanent resident.


Answer by  Champ (552)

There are Many Many lawyers that specialize in Child Support in California, and while i can't recommend any single lawyer. I would suggest that you grab your local yellow book pages and shop around. Most lawyers can do the exact same job as one another. Get the best price you can.

You have 50 words left!