Question by  Gtt500 (17)

Can HIV be causing bumps on my finger?

I am HIV positive and am getting these bumps on my finger. Are they caused by HIV?


Answer by  SallyJ (1010)

HIV can certainly cause skin rashes but it's hard to distinguish between a raised rash caused by HIV and bumps caused by some other condition such as a contact allergy, urticaria or even warts. Any new symptom could be a sign that your condition is not being managed successfully; you should talk to your doctor.


Answer by  Marybeth (841)

Bumps on your fingers can be from a lot of things, trying to say the bumps are related to HIV is is a stretch, your question is too vague. You need to advise what stage you are currently in. Do you have stable HIV under a doctors care?


Answer by  daddy31 (304)

The answer to your question can be yes, but not in the way you may think. The HIV virus may not be the actual cause of the bumps. Instead the weakening immune system is a more likely scenario. Without a strong immune system the body is unable to fight off many other health issues.


Answer by  Aral (184)

What you're experiencing may be common skin warts. When your immune system is suppressed (as it sometimes is with HIV), these become more common. They do happen in healthy people as well though, so you don't necessarily need to panic. Be sure you let your doctor know.


Answer by  jamesjones77 (51)

Well, these bumps can be caused by numerous things. Depending on where they are on your hands and what they look like, they may be caused by your HIV. This condition is called folliculitis.


Answer by  Liz59 (10966)

Well yes it can be. And you need to go get a cream for that condition from your doctor as soon as you can.


Answer by  champaign9497 (11977)

I don't think so but the only way you will know you are getting an informed answer is by calling your doctor and telling them what you are having happen and they will be able to tell you if it is caused by your HIV.


Answer by  Gingercakes (920)

They might be. Since HIV lowers your immune system, it is not the HIV, but some other bug that is causing them. If they are purple and very painful, you need to see your doctor for possible treatment.


Answer by  Latin4 (11170)

No, but any abnormal problem should be talked over with your doctor. Maybe the medication is causing this and it can be fixed. If the bumps have pus in them don't break them open until you see a doctor.


Answer by  Anonymous

Don't take advice from random strangers on the internet who have no idea what they're talking about. Why would you trust these people?? See your doctor! Especially if you have a serious disease like HIV. Please, get an informed answer from a medical professional!

You have 50 words left!