Question by  Helper36 (21)

Can a private detective stalk you?

I think my ex-husband has a private detective stalking me. Is this legal or can I get a restraining order against the detective?


Answer by  h (364)

You can apply for a restraining order against any person who is stalking you. The occupation of the person does not apply when it comes to a case of stalking. The local police should assist you in the case of stalking.


Answer by  MladenTrajkov (29)

I think that is his decision. However, you should tell the police about that, because no one needs to know where are you going and what are you doing, because there are private things you need to do sometimes.


Answer by  TheAnswerFairy (2345)

You can only get a TRO (temporary restraining order) against a person if they are intimidating you and causing you to fear for your safety. If this person just goes the same places you go without menacing you, they are not acting illegally.


Answer by  Anonymous

A p.I. doesn't "stalk" people, he/she collects information about your activities in the public domain. Why does your ex-husband want such info? Your problem is with him, not the P.I. If you're not doing anything out-of-the-ordinary, the P.I. will report that and the surveillance of your activities will probably end.

You have 50 words left!