Question by  anujgrover (25)

Can a 14 year old move out of his parents' home in Washington state?

I am 14 and want to move out.


Answer by  Roland27 (16334)

You can go to the court and file papers to be legally emancipated. The courts don't grant this too often because no one ever seems to have a pliable excuse. You can't just live on your own because your Mom makes you clean your room. It's got to be a good and PROVABLE excuse.


Answer by  patti (29325)

Before you leave your parents' home, consider where you will live and how you will support yourself. As a minor, you cannot rent a place to live. You are too young to work and you are required to go to school. Talk to a counselor at school for advice on how to handle your situation.


Answer by  CarlSCansino (464)

The short answer to this question is No. A 14 year old is still considered a minor in Washington State and is under the control of his or her parent.


Answer by  Shankalot (484)

You are still considered a juvenile and can't move out on your own. If you are in some sort of danger or parents are abusive a counsellor may insist you be moved to a relative or a home, but you can't just leave on your own without supervision by the authorities.


Answer by  angiem1981 (1059)

No, you can't move out unless you go to court and become emancipated from your parents. In cases of abuse or neglect, the state can place you in another home.

You have 50 words left!