Question by  basti (2)

A big dog bit my dog. What should I do?

The owner of the dog didn't help me for medical bills.


Answer by  doglover21 (60)

The first thing you should do is take your dog to the vet to get it checked out. As far as them not helping you pay, it depends on how much time and effort you want to spend. You can always file a small claims suit, but they often require more money and time than it's worth.


Answer by  luvlexis83 (798)

Even thought the other owner didn't help, you still have to take your dog to the vet to have the wound properly cleaned and dressed, and the dog need antibiotics.


Answer by  John (9008)

You may want to talk to a lawyer and explore suing the other dog's owner. Depending on where you live, you might also be able to do this in small claims court, without needing an attorney. At this stage, the only way he'll pay is through a lawsuit.


Answer by  withluck (1745)

You will need to first take care of your injured dog by getting vet care. You can take the medical bills to the owner of the other dog and ask what they think would be fair. They should offer some assistance, if not pay the whole thing. If not, you can always take them to small claims court.

You have 50 words left!