Question by  sparksarul (19)

Where do I go to perform a mineral rights search?

I need to research mineral rights for my property.


Answer by  patti (29325)

Go to the Recorder's office (or wherever deeds are filed in your community). Agreements regarding mineral rights will be included with the deed.


Answer by  Dean (4035)

If there are mineral leases on your property, you would know about it. You would have been made aware when you purchased the property, or if the leases are more recent, you would have had to be a party to them. Such matters are filed with the deeds at the courthouse.


Answer by  Huntress (1935)

Contact an expert in the Oil and Gas field in your area. They will be able to help you find a landman who specializes in searching mineral rights.


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

If you have the deed, it will state whether ownership of the land includes the property rights beneath it. If you have a mortgage, it will state whether or not the bank owns the property rights or if you do.


Answer by  Liz59 (10966)

You can go to any lawyer who will do this for you. The task is actually in fact easier with a lawyer in place. It may be difficult to get the rights down by yourself. So hire a lawyer and negotiate a contract rate. Then they will deal with this matter most effectively.

You have 50 words left!