health conditions


Question by  psy (12)

What type of doctor should I see if my hands and fingers hurt and swells?

My hands and fingers hurt and swell.


Answer by  cindy (1484)

If you are experiencing symptoms such as swelling and pain in your hands and fingers the special type of doctor that you should arrange to see is called a Rheumatologist.


Answer by  MikeG (1650)

This could be a symptom for many different problems. It would be best to see a general practitioner first to determine any underlying causes of the swelling as this could be a sign of a potentially life-threatening problem. If the determine it has simply to do with your joints or arthritis, you will most likely be referred to a specialist.


Answer by  champaign9497 (11977)

What you need to do is go in and see your regular doctor tell them your trouble and they will be able to refer you out to a specialist.


Answer by  soothsayer (500)

This could be due to Rheumatoid arthritis and visiting a rheumatologist will be helpful in confirming the disgnosis and initiating appropriate treatment.


Answer by  Melissa101010 (4405)

You should first see your family physician and get a referral to an orthopedic doctor or a bone specialist that is local for you.


Answer by  champaign9497 (11977)

You need to see a hand specialist but if you go in and see you regular doctor they will refer you to the proper doctor that will be able to help you out.


Answer by  Elle (648)

The best doctor to start with would be a rheumatologist who will conduct tests to see if you have arthritis. Your symptoms suggest arthritis.

You have 50 words left!