Question by  Terry79 (15)

What should I do if my husband wants to divorce me, yet I want the marriage to work?

My husband wants a divorce.


Answer by  LadyLawyer (325)

If you are in a no fault state, then there is nothing that you can do about it. You may prolong the issue; but, you cannot stop it. Most attorneys under this situation will ask the judge to require marriage counseling as one half of the party does not want a divorce.


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

In most states, it only takes one partner to end the marriage. Request counseling before he files for divorce. Discuss the underlying reason of why he wants to destroy the marriage.


Answer by  TheAnswerFairy (2345)

Unfortunately, if your husband has decided to end the marriage, there is not much you can do. You can always suggest that the two of you go to marriage counseling, but it sounds like it may already be beyond that point.


Answer by  GeneralLee (3)

Do whatever he tells you to do.

You have 50 words left!