Question by  worker277384 (10)

What should I do if my dog ingests otomax?


Answer by  curtangel (138)

Is your dog pregnant? If not, you probably don't have too much to worry about because most of the official warnings about ingestion involve premature labor and birth defects. However, if your dog is acting out of the ordinary or sick after ingesting Otomax you should contact your vet ASAP.


Answer by  bmac51 (11)

Otomax contains both antibiotics and steroids, and will pass through their system in time. However to help speed this up, give them something like chicken and rice to get their digestive system running. Charcoal tablets will help soak up the toxins in their system too, and can be found in most health food stores.


Answer by  kcmagpie (46)

Anytime your dog ingests a medication that is not prescribed for oral use, you should contact your veterinarian for instructions. In case of emergency your local poison control is also a good resource.


Answer by  Jennifer76 (128)

Your dog will be fine. Otomax, while mainly a topical ear antibiotic, is sometimes used on skin wounds. When used in this manner, it is assumed taht the dog may lick at the area, and thus is deemed safe.


Answer by  bubbyboy (9929)

Otomax is an antibiotic and it would depend on how much he ate. Call the vet to get instructions on what to do. Some of our medications are very poisonous to dogs so be safe and not sorry.


Answer by  Isidro (624)

The best thing to do is try to feed the dog to make it move through and out of its body try some chicken and rice.


Answer by  lovelife (998)

Otomax can be harmful if swallowed, but it would depend on the quantity ingested. Call poison control at 1-800-222-1222 to determine treatment.


Answer by  katharine (3981)

You should immediately call the manufacturer of otomax and call your vet to ask what they would recommend. A lot of it will depend on the size of your dog and how much otomax he ingested.


Answer by  aussiegirl (711)

When anything potentially dangerous is ingested by either a person or an animal the first thing you should do is call a poisens information line. In the case of animals, call your local vet. They should provide free advice over the phone.


Answer by  heather88 (1897)

Take the dog to the vet, that could make it very sick. Take it to the vet as soon as possible.

You have 50 words left!