Question by  junruh (39)

What should I do if I have acne with redness on my cheeks?

I only have acne on my cheeks but they are very red.


Answer by  DeDi (85)

I have rosacea and what you describe sounds similar. Make an appointment with your primary care physician or a dermatologist for a diagnosis. My primary care physician prescribed a topical gel which has controlled my outbreaks. My mother saw a dermatologist for her rosacea. Unfortunately, I don't know of any over-the-counter remedies for rosacea.


Answer by  buggy418 (632)

It sounds like rosacea. Your doctor can prescribe medication to help with this condition. A great on that I use is Prosacea. I have not had any side effects on this medication. If you go to the webmd website, you can research rosacea and the treatments. That way, when you go to the dr. , you will be more informed.


Answer by  markochiguegmailcom (514)

Under no circumstances should you try to peel or to squish them or anything. You may apply antibacterial or anti-inflammatory topical ointment on the surface of the affected skin.


Answer by  olive8 (911)

You should see a dermatologist to verify that it is in fact acne and not milia (hormonal white bumps) or rosascia. Your dermatologist will suggest an appropriate treatment upon diagnosis.


Answer by  Roland27 (16334)

If you go to any local store you can find some kind of Acne treatment. Try a few until you find one that works best for you. Once you find a treatment that clears the acne up the redness on your cheeks will go away around the same time. You can find treatments in every price range.


Answer by  TheAnswerFairy (2345)

The cheapest and easiest option is to buy one of the hundreds of kinds of face wash products that fight acne. Wash your face with it at least 2 times a day. If that doesn't help at all, you can get a dermatologist to prescribe something stronger for you to use.

You have 50 words left!