what to do


Question by  Binay (29)

What should I do about my sheep with swollen glands?


Answer by  Dennis59 (86)

You should get in touch with your local vet, as the sheep might be infectious or need to take some kind of anti inflammatory medication to stop the swelling of the glands. On the other hand it may be a little more serious and might need to do a surgical procedure.


Answer by  Lif8ntez1970 (19)

If it is a lamb it is probably a goiter and needs iodine. If it is an adult it is probably a virus and needs to see a vet.


Answer by  dlsim1947 (26)

Swollen glands in sheep, as in humans, may indicate serious infectious disease, so the cause and treatment should be determined by a veterinarian.


Answer by  JEN36 (17)

Swollen glands may be the result of a viral infection. The animal should be evaluated by a veterinarian if the swelling has not resolved with a week to ten days.

You have 50 words left!