Question by  KD (16)

What rights do I have to be protected on my job if I am attacked by another employee?

Another employee attacked me what can I do?


Answer by  bobdobbs (100)

You are entitled not only to file criminal charges against the attacker, but also to seek legal restitution from the employer if it is determined that their negligence allowed the attack to take place.


Answer by  MaryL (117)

First you must report it to your supervisor or human resources department. You must also call the police. If you want you can press charges. Your employer will probably reprimand the other employee pending their history in the company. Many employers have a zero tolerance policy.


Answer by  Gabriel (2146)

Your employer can only do so much to protect you from assault. Depending on your job, your employer may have greater responsibility than others. But generally, as long as your employer is hiring people within their own guidelines, their duty is done. You of course have the right to file a police report.

You have 50 words left!