health treatments


Question by  JoeLarkin (32)

What medicine can I take to help with methadone withdraws?

I am having methadone withdraws and need medicine.


Answer by  Melissa101010 (4405)

There is no medicine to take for withdraws, take folic acid and vitamin B12. That will make you feel better fast.


Answer by  darcyn77 (321)

There is a fairly new medication on the market that some doctors are using for patients with a dependency on opiate or opiate-like pain pills. It is called suboxone, and can only be prescribed by a doctor. Even better is kratom. You can order in online for fairly inexpensive.


Answer by  ToralDwivedi (606)

Methadone is a prescription and a narcotic drug. As a substitute you should take any suitable tranquilizer like Diazepam [Valium] or Nitrazepam - both are benzodiazepine drugs and not habit forming. For withdrawal craving you must seek hospital admssion under care of a consulting psychiatrist and substitution therapy must be in a hospital with psychotherapy.


Answer by  soothsayer (500)

Methadone is an opiod with less addictive properties. Withdraws may be handled by tapering the dose gradually before stopping it altogether. Anti-opiod drugs[opiod antagonists which block the opiod receptors in the body] like naloxone or naltrexone may be helpful. Clonidine,an alpha adrenergic agonist is also found to be of some benefit.

You have 50 words left!