Question by  a24May09 (40)

What kind of vet care will I get for a raccoon?

Should I take a raccoon to a vet?


Answer by  case (1261)

I believe you would get better results finding a wildlife biologist to help you with your raccoon care, but if you can't find one veterinarian would be better than nothing.


Answer by  SallyManda (308)

If the raccoon is a pet, you can certainly find proper vet care. Search the internet for a vet that specializes in exotic pets. There are vets that even work with zoo animals! It is much harder to find car for wild raccoons, but look for local animal rehabilitation centers.


Answer by  Erynn (1651)

It depends on the legality of keeping a Raccoon as a pet wherever you are. If it is, the Raccoon will be treated. If not, it will be killed.


Answer by  sailoryue (853)

Raccoons aren't traditional pets. If you found a raccoon injured in your yard it's better to call animal control as it could be rabid.


Answer by  scresci (23)

It depends on the type of vet you take the raccoon to, you will need to find a vet that is specialized in the field of wildlife. Or you can take the raccoon to a wildlife conversation specialist. Most states have wildlife conservation and can answer a variety of questions.


Answer by  bloodyfreak (172)

If it's a wild raccoon, I would recommend contacting a wildlife rescue group first. If it is one that you are keeping as a pet you would need to find a Vet that specializes in exotics, since it is not a normal household pet. It should be spayed/neutered, and given a rabies shot at least.


Answer by  Dana46 (2345)

Vets that treat tame animals are not likely to treat wild ones. Call a forest service to get further information.

You have 50 words left!