Question by  AngelOfMondays (45)

What kind of diploma do you need to be a mechanical engineer?

I'm not sure how much school is required.


Answer by  mem4dr (1378)

You usually need both a high school diploma and a bachelor's degree (the bachelor's degree is most often a B.S. rather than a B.A). For most engineering positions (including mechanical), you must have graduated from an accredited engineering program at a college. Sometimes you might also be required to take qualifying tests to get the proper licenses.


Answer by  Aubs (1089)

You need a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering. There is quite a bit of schooling required, and many math courses. Be prepared!


Answer by  jclick (1561)

You need to complete the requirements for a Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering at an accredited university to become a mechanical engineer. This usually takes four years after high school.


Answer by  LeheckaG (1826)

In the U.S. Most mechanical-engineers usually obtain a four-year bachelor's degree; from there one can professional-apprentice, and then apply for a state-license as a professional-engineer. Alternatively, one can obtain a two-year associates-degree or technical/trade-school, and/or union-apprentice, and then apply for a state-license as an operating-engineer or other similar trade.

You have 50 words left!