Question by  bibendum (20)

What is the medical term for a lazy eye?


Answer by  Melissa22 (78)

Amblyopia is the scientific term for lazy eye. Amblyopia occurs most commonly in one eye but can lead to poor eyesight in both eyes. It is poor vision that cannot be corrected by traditional means such as glasses or contact lenses and was not caused by accident or disease.


Answer by  lclabr (16)

The common term "lazy eye" is often used to refer to either Amblyopia or Strabismus. In the case of Strabismus, the eyes are not properly aligned with one another. With Amblyopia, an eye that is structurally normal experiences poor or diminished vision.


Answer by  jheremans (1446)

The medical term used for lazy eye is strabismus. It is an eye condition where in your eye muscles aren't that strong, but do not worry or fret you can correct this kind of eye condition by wearing an eye patch over your good eye and let your abnormal eye do all the work, this strengthens and trains it.


Answer by  anishnc (17)

The lazy eye,or Amblyopia as in medical terms, is a disorder related to the eye actually originating in the brain.In such situation ,the brain favours one eye over the other not stimulating it which leads to poor cell development.Literally speaking Amblyopia means 'dim vision'(amblys=dim,opia=vision:Greek language)


Answer by  Jaquelynne (594)

The term lazy eye refers to a condition called Amblyopia. This is where one eye may have a cataract or unequal vision. It is best to treat the condition at a young age.


Answer by  riddle (30)

Though lazy eye is an excepted medical term, the answer to the question is strabismus. Strabismus is the older term used to describe a lazy eye.


Answer by  amtcura66 (1340)

The medical term for lazy eye is Amblyopia. If you really cared then you could have just looked it up instead of consulting such a website where you ask a question and wait for a reply. It is the same process but takes much more time than simply looking it up on your own.


Answer by  ZenHaltija (286)

The medical term for a lazy eye is called Amblyopia. Amblyopia is the loss of central within one eye. The brain will not fully acknowledge the images that are seen from within the eye amblyopic eye. It is generally unrelated to any eye condition, thus, ambyopia can not be treated.

You have 50 words left!