Question by  spliffy (56)

What is involved in moving an HVAC unit?

We are remodeling and the HVAC needs to be moved about 5 feet.


Answer by  DavidS (1517)

First you will have to relocate your hvac disconnect. Then you will need an HVAC tech to come out and disconnect the freon lines move the unit,re-route lines, re-charge unit.


Answer by  DavidS (1517)

You will need to have a certified tech with a freon recovery unit on site in order to do this legally. Lines will have to be cut and spliced.


Answer by  eatwrite (1559)

You will need to get a licenced HVAC person to disconnect it from it existing spot. You will also have to turn off the breaker box.


Answer by  diva25 (4016)

I would do a little research online and see if there is a good way to do it. If you have professionals they might be able to help you, too.

You have 50 words left!