Question by  hernando (30)

What is going on if I am nearsighted and I can't read with my glasses on?


Answer by  Kaylene (93)

The eyes change as we age, being nearsighted tends to happened to all of us. The rate of the change may vary and as they change a new strength of reading glasses may be required. A visit to the eye doctor will insure that it is simple progression of the nearsightedness or if another condition requires a different treatment.


Answer by  toastedcheese (216)

If you are, say, 35 or older, you probably just need bifocals (or contacts + reading glasses). If you changed prescriptions recently, you might still be adjusting to the new prescription, or accidentally received a prescription that's too strong. If you don't think it can be any of these, you should definitely see an eye doctor!


Answer by  Kris (797)

If you are nearsighted, you may only need vision correction for distance. For decades, I took my glasses off to read or to do close work. It was only in my forties that I required help with reading and close tasks, and now I use bifocals. However, if you have any worries about your vision, call your eye doctor.


Answer by  DawnKnight (39)

You need to make an appointment with your current eye doctor. If you can't read with your glasses now and you previously could, it could mean that your eyesight has worsened. This would require that you get a new prescription for glasses, probably stronger lenses. Continuing to read with the old ones could lead to eye strain.


Answer by  Roland27 (16334)

If you feel your vision is failing you then go to your eye doctor. He will examine your eyes and he will give you a new perscription. Your eyes tend to change from time to time, especially as you get older, most of the time it gets worse instead of better.

You have 50 words left!