Question by  ra (25)

What do you call Italian cookies?

The ones that look like pinwheels, and you put powered sugar on.


Answer by  xXNeedTheFearXx (77)

Those are called pizelles. My grandmother, who was born in Italy, makes them usually around Christmas time. They can also be found at local Italian stores, particularly the grocery chain known as Caputo's. They are a very simple cookie, made with mostly butter, sugar, and eggs. Try them drizzled with chocolate!


Answer by  Mysticbliss11 (8)

I believe the Italian cookies that look like pinwheels are called a Pizelle, although personally I always thought they looked more like waffles cookies. Pizelles can be a rather surprising treat and a acceptable addition to any kind of function. We used to use large pizelles as a rewards for good behavior when I worked in an elementary school.


Answer by  Jilly (597)

Those pinwheel cookies are called "pizzelles". They are typically made from waffle-type ingredients and require a special iron to cook.


Answer by  erin12 (17)

Italian cookies come in several flavors and are called Pizzells. they are also very light and airy and are low in calories


Answer by  dannyg28 (3070)

There are many types of Italian cookies available and many of them are easy to bake yourself the type of cookie that you are looking for is called a Pizzelle and they are probably one of the most popular of the Italian cookies.


Answer by  GRRL (126)

Those yummy fried pinwheels are called Cartellate. The name in Italian means Cart Wheel. The basic dough is flour and water, but may include eggs, sugar, cinamon, or wine. After deep frying, the Cartellate are dipped in honey, fig syrup, or topped with powdered sugar.


Answer by  thisismenow (69)

It is possible that you are thinking of pizzelle cookies. These are thin waffle like cookies often topped with powdered sugar.

You have 50 words left!