Question by  imoecc (25)

What do I do if I need to get a monthly check from my investments?

My investments earnings roll over into buying new investments, however I want to change this.


Answer by  Gabriel (2146)

All it typically takes is a call/letter to your broker to change from the reinvestment option of getting your dividends or interest payment directly. Talk with your adviser first, though, to make sure that this is the best for your financial situation.


Answer by  Sid (9)

You will need to contact the holder of the investments so they change your payments to be sent to you instead of reinvesting the proceeds. There will probably be either an online or paper form to be filled out.


Answer by  JRossi17 (788)

It depends on what service you use. The best thing you can do is call the company you use and tell them to reroute the money into a different account.

You have 50 words left!